3A Rankings: Top 10 Teams
In this article:
The Florida High School Basketball regular season concluded last week and now we turn our direction to the district tournaments… The Prep Hoops Florida staff is taking a deeper dive at the Top 10 teams in all seven classifications. 1)…
The Florida High School Basketball regular season concluded last week and now we turn our direction to the district tournaments… The Prep Hoops Florida staff is taking a deeper dive at the Top 10 teams in all seven classifications.
1) Providence School (Jacksonville) (23-2): The Stallions finished the regular season ranked No. 1 in Class 3A, according to the FHSAA and MaxPreps’ rankings. The Stallions also clinched the No. 1 seed in the District 3A-3 tournament and will face Bishop Snyder in the district semifinals on Wednesday night. The Stallions were led by their Big 3 unit in Jacksonville commit Chris Arias, North Florida signeeand 6’7 junior forward .
2) Riviera Prep (19-6): The Riviera Prep Bulldogs have a young backcourt featuring 8th grader Myles Fuentes who has been a lights out shooter from beyond the arc all season and 6’4 sophomorewho can get you a double-double on any given night.
3) Florida State University High School (24-1): The Seminoles come into the district tournament on a 20-game winning streak that dates back to December 6, where they lost 64-62 to Maclay. The Seminoles have been led by Missouri commitwho is averaging a team best 18.9 points, 6.4 rebounds, 4.1 assists and 3.4 steals per game.
4) Berkeley Prep (21-2): The Berkeley Prep Buccaneers ended the regular season on a 12-game winning streak and clinched the No. 1 seed in the District 3A-9 tournament. Keep an eye on 5’11 junior guard Evan Hellman, 6’1 senior George Kimble and 6’5 juniorduring the postseason for the Buccaneers.
5) Westminster Academy (17-7): The Lions have a star-studded lineup that features, Alex Constanza, Alex Lloyd, DJ Wimbley and RJ Livingston all can score in double figures on any given night. The Lions played the third toughest schedule in the state during the regular season, behind Riviera Prep and Tampa Catholic.
6) Clearwater Calvary Christian (19-5): The Warriors head into the district tournament on a 4-game winning streak. Keep an eye on 6’1 junior guardwho is averaging a team best 21.6 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
7) Maclay (21-3): The Marauders head into the district tournament on a 8-game winning streak, including six of the wins by double digits. Keep an eye on this senior duo between 6’7 forwardand 5’10 guard Colin Mcallister.
8) Tampa Catholic (14-10): The Crusaders have played the toughest regular season schedule in Class 3A, according to MaxPreps. They played against 6A Ponte Vedra, 7A Oak Ridge, traveled to City of Palms and 2A Orlando Christian Prep in the Wally Keller Classic. Keep an eye on this trio featuring 6’6 junior guard, 6’0 sophomore guard and 6’3 senior guard .
9) Episcopal School of Jacksonville (20-5): The Eagles enter the district tournament on a 10-game winning streak that dates back to January 9. Keep an eye on 6’6 junior forwardand 6’2 junior combo guard during the postseason.
10) Gateway Charter (20-5): Rounding out our Top 10, is the Gateway Charter Griffins who are on the verge of their best season in school history. The Griffins are getting huge contributions from 6’7 sophomore forward, sophomore combo guard and senior combo guard .