With the H.S Season less than a week away, here is a look at our Pre-Season top 10 5A Team. Bishop Gorman – The nine-time defending state champs will come at opponents in waves with their deepest roster in recent…
With the H.S Season less than a week away, here is a look at our Pre-Season top 10 5A Team.
- Bishop Gorman – The nine-time defending state champs will come at opponents in waves with their deepest roster in recent memory. They are legitimately 10 deep with a ton of weapons. Expect Jase Richardson Jase Richardson 6'3" | PG Bishop Gorman | 2024 State #27 Nation NV to handle the ballhandling duties, Eli Bradley Eli Bradley 6'2" | SG Bishop Gorman | 2023 State NV , Ryan Abelman Ryan Abelman 6'4" | SG Bishop Gorman | 2022 State NV , and John Mobley Jr John Mobley Jr 6'2" | PG Bishop Gorman | 2024 State #65 Nation NV , to provide the shooting, Ryder Elisaldez Ryder Elisaldez 6'1" | SG Bishop Gorman | 2024 State NV , and James Freeman James Freeman 6'5" | PF Bishop Gorman | 2022 State NV to serve as high flyers, and Darrion Williams Darrion Williams 6'6" | SF Bishop Gorman | 2022 State NV to provide experience and playmaking. Keep an eye out for the development of stud Freshmen Chris Nwuli Chris Nwuli 6'7" | SF Bishop Gorman | 2025 State NV throughout the season.
- Liberty – The Patriots have the talent to be the biggest threat to Gorman. They have good frontcourt depth with Saint Mary’s signee Joshua Jefferson Joshua Jefferson 6'8" | PF Liberty | 2022 State #158 Nation NV and high flyer Aaron Price Aaron Price 6'7" | PF Liberty | 2022 State NV to pair with the dynamic backcourt of Angelo Kambala Angelo Kambala 5'10" | CG Liberty | 2023 State NV and super Sophomore DJ Thomas DJ Thomas 6'2" | PG Liberty | 2024 State #19 Nation NV . The key is their bench. If they can get consistent play from their subs, look for this team to be a problem.
- Durango – In coach Chad Beeten’s third season, the Trailblazers have all the pieces to make a deep run. Their roster includes one of the best offensive players in the state Sebastian Mack Sebastian Mack 6'4" | CG Coronado | 2023 State #58 Nation NV , one of the most versatile players in Sterling Knox Sterling Knox 6'5" | SF Red Rock Academy | 2023 State NV , and one of the top defenders in Elijah Johnson Elijah Johnson 6'1" | SG Rancho | 2022 State NV . The play of sensational Sophomore Taj DeGourville Taj DeGourville 6'5" | SG Durango | 2024 State #144 Nation NV will go a long way in determining how far this team goes.
- Coronado – Look for the Cougars to make some noise behind one of the top 1-2 punches in the state in PG Richard Isaacs Jr. and big man Osiris Grady Osiris Grady 6'7" | PF Coronado | 2023 #195 Nation UT .
- Canyon Springs – Coach Banks may have one of his top teams in recent memory. The Pioneers feature an imposing front line with forwards Lorenzo Moore Lorenzo Moore 6'5" | PF Canyon Springs | 2022 State NV , and Jaylen Pollard Jaylen Pollard 6'5" | SF Canyon Springs | 2022 State NV , playing alongside sharpshooting senior Jalen Foy Jalen Foy 6'5" | SF Canyon Springs | 2022 State NV . Watch out for Bryant Largarady Bryant Largarady 6'8" | SF Canyon Springs | 2022 State NV , one of the top sleepers in the state. The 6’9 Forward has tremendous playmaking skills and could prove to be a real difference-maker for the team.
- Bishop Manogue – Manogue should be the top team up north. The Miners return Logan Howren Logan Howren 6'4" | SG Bishop Manogue | 2023 State NV , one of the top two-sport stars in the entire state. Big man Ethan Goon Ethan Goon 6'7" | PF Bishop Manogue | 2023 NC should give them a strong inside presence and, keep an eye out for Silverado transfer Jordan Morency Jordan Morency 6'4" | PG Bishop Manogue | 2023 State NV , who has a chance to put up big numbers this year.
- Foothill – Despite having Tyler Shipp transfer out, the Falcons still have a strong core, with big man John Derrick John Derrick 6'6" | PF Foothill | 2022 State NV and Cole Stearman Cole Stearman 6'6" | PF Foothill | 2022 State NV providing size. PG Jahmon Haylock Jahmon Haylock 5'9" | PG Foothill | 2023 State NV should handle the ballhandling responsibilities and rising freshman Zak Abdalla Zak Abdalla 5'11" | SG Foothill | 2025 State NV , will have an impact with his shooting and scoring ability.
- Spanish Springs – Kyle Penny, one of the most underrated coaches in the state, will have his squad ready. His key players will include his sons Jake, and Nate as well as CJ Stinson CJ Stinson 6'2" | SG Spanish Springs | 2022 State NV , the brother of former SS standout Curtis. Watch out for freshman Conner Sheets Conner Sheets 6'1" | CG Spanish Springs | 2025 State NV who Penny says is one of the most skilled players to come into the program.
- Centennial – The Bulldogs will use a team approach this season, with several players expected to contribute. The unquestioned leader will be Elijah Hart Elijah Hart 5'10" | CG Centennial | 2022 State NV , while Emeka Ceaser Emeka Ceaser 5'11" | SG Centennial | 2022 State NV and Elijah Burney Elijah Burney 6'1" | PG Centennial | 2023 State NV will contribute from the backcourt. The play of Big man Chase Jackson Chase Jackson 6'8" | C Centennial | 2023 State NV should go a long way to helping them succeed as the 6’8 center is one of the top post players in the state.
- Desert Pines – First-year coach Dai’Mar Harris looks to continue the winning tradition at DP behind a slew of talented Juniors. The lineup will feature sharpshooter Isiaac Boykin Isiaac Boykin 6'2" | SG Desert Pines | 2023 State NV , big man Osvaldo Biebrich Osvaldo Biebrich 6'6" | C Desert Pines | 2023 State NV and glue guy Evan Tatum Evan Tatum 6'3" | PF Desert Pines | 2023 State NV . While those three are key, their success will be determined largely by the play of senior guard Jamir Stephens Jamir Stephens 6'1" | CG Desert Pines | 2022 State NV one of the top sleepers in the state.