Riverside-Brookfield: Teddy’s Top Stock Risers
In this article:
Reid Olson Reid Olson 6'0" | PG Niles North | 2025 State IL – Niles North 2025: Olson was undoubtedly the most confident shooter I watched this weekend. He put on a multiple big scoring outbursts this season with his…
– Niles North 2025: Olson was undoubtedly the most confident shooter I watched this weekend. He put on a multiple big scoring outbursts this season with his limitless range and shooting mechanics. He even buried a half-hour buzzer-beater against Whitney Young. He even made key plays defensively with excellent speed down the floor and quick hands to pick up steals.
– East St. Louis 2024: There’s so much to like about . He’s got outstanding size and length for a winger at 6’8″ and picked up numerous Division 1 offers over the weekend with excellent all-around play. His long wingspan allows him to constantly frustrate opponents with the ball and make a big impact in the rebound game. Offensively, he hit shots all over the floor with opponents finding difficulty contesting his shots. He scored 16 points against Niles North in a game I watched very closely.
– Whitney Young 2025: He’s a smaller guard. But he played a big role in Whitney Young’s lineup over the weekend. I really love the energy he brought this weekend as he was Whitney Young’s primary ball handler. Richardson is also exceptionally crafty with a smooth touch and excellent footwork. His role should increase on a talented Whitney Young squad.
– York 2024: played a big role to York’s 4-0 weekend. hit shots all over the floor against Loyola while also displaying some nice bounce with two dunks in that contest. He had another big contest against Bradley-Bourbonnais where he dropped 26 points in a 95-40 blowout.
– Simeon 2024: He’s waited his turn and is set for a big year at Simeon. Left-handed shooter not only shot well but also displayed a strong burst to the hoop. He’s a really tough defender too and moves his feet well to prevent opponents from breaking past him. McKinnie had several strong performances over the weekend. But his most notable performance came against
Alanas Castillo – Lemont 2025: I was highly intrigued by what Alanas Castillo did against Thornton. Despite the Loss, Castillo took command of the offense and scored 23 points. He opened my eyes early with two very difficult layups over, one of the toughest players to score over, while cutting down the lane. He also showed plenty of range and a smooth shooting stroke to knock down a handful of three’s in that contest.
– DePaul Prep 2024: I finally got to see his true potential against Proviso East. He put on quite the performance and was hot from the start. Converting multiple three’s and showing no fear attacking the rim. His playmaking was on-point too as he showed excellent vision to find open teammates in transition. He finished that game with 22 points and is poised for a breakout senior season.
– Glenbrook North 2024: Another prospect I’m very high on that’s expected to take on a bigger role this season. Giannoulias has an excellent physique for a point guard and showed terrific ball control and three-level scoring capabilities over the weekend. 6’0″ point guard is a name to watch with numerous high-scoring performances.