As we do every Sunday here at Prep Hoops Indiana, it is time to go around the state and update the latest news on the recruiting scene. The biggest news of the week, literally and figuratively, came on Tuesday when…
As we do every Sunday here at Prep Hoops Indiana, it is time to go around the state and update the latest news on the recruiting scene. The biggest news of the week, literally and figuratively, came on Tuesday when 6’9″(Zionsville H.S. 2023) announced his college decision. There was also a prospect who committed to a strong Division II program in Florida, several more offers at all levels extended to Indiana natives, and a bunch of fall visits taken. Let’s dive right into the news.
- 6’9″ big man (Zionsville H.S. 2023) announced his committed to Charlotte on Tuesday. One of the top uncommitted prospects in Indiana, Richart was ranked #17 in the state by Prep Hoops Indiana. The skilled interior presence was offered by the 49ers on October 10th and became a top priority for the mid-major program. Richart ultimately chose Charlotte over offers from Air Force, Illinois State, and Morehead State.
- 6’6″ wing (New Castle H.S. 2023) announced his commitment to Barry University on Monday evening. The Division II program in Miami, Florida has a very strong basketball tradition. Welch, who is ranked #43 in the class of 2023 by Prep Hoops Indiana, averaged 13 points and 4.6 rebounds per game as a junior while shooting nearly 40% from beyond the arc. He is coming off of an outstanding summer with Kyle Guy Elite Black. Welch was offered by Berry back on September 8th and ultimately chose the Buccaneers over offers from IU-East, Mobile, Oakland City, Calumet St. Joseph, and Bethel.
- On Monday afternoon, (Center Grove H.S. 2023) was offered by Grace. The 6’1″ guard also holds a Division III offer from Franklin College.
- 6’4″ athlete (Culver Academy 2023) received an offer from Davenport on Monday.
- 6’6″ post (West Lafayette H.S. 2023) took a visit to Wabash College on Monday.
- Versatile 6’4″ wing continues to be highly sought after by Division III programs. He was offered by Trine on Tuesday while visiting the campus.
- (Rock Creek Academy 2023) was offered by IU-Southeast on Tuesday.
- On Wednesday, 6’8″ sharpshooter (Bloomington H.S. South 2023) was offered by Huntington while on a visit to the Crossroads League program.
- had a busy day on Wednesday. The 6’5″ versatile athlete visited both Ohio Dominican and Goshen and received offers from both schools while on the respective campuses.
- (Franklin H.S. 2023) was offered by Judson while on a visit on Wednesday.
- (Richmond H.S. 2025) took a visit to IUPUI on Thursday. He holds an offer from the Jaguars. The dynamic point guard also went to Miami (OH) for an unofficial on Friday.
- Reining Class 2A state champion (Providence H.S. 2023) was offered by DePauw on Thursday.
- 6’4″ wing (Carroll Flora H.S. 2023) was offered by Manchester while visiting the school on Friday.
- (Cathedral H.S. 2023) was offered by Saint Francis while on a visit on Friday. The 6’2″ point guard also holds an offer from Indiana Tech.
- Teammates and classmates (Scottsburg H.S. 2024), (Scottsburg H.S. 2024), and (Scottsburg H.S. 2024) all visited Saint Francis on Friday and took in their preseason scrimmage.
- Dynamic point guard (Pike H.S. 2023) visited Wabash College on Friday and was offered by the Little Giants.
- 6’8″ (Warren Central H.S. 2023) took a visit to Wabash College on Saturday to watch the team practice. He holds an offer from the Little Giants.