Recruiting Update – Recent Commitments, Offers, Etc.
In this article:
It is time to fire up what will likely return to our weekly Prep Hoops Indiana recruiting updates. A staple every Sunday during the summer and fall months, the high school season generally brings a break in the action as…
It is time to fire up what will likely return to our weekly Prep Hoops Indiana recruiting updates. A staple every Sunday during the summer and fall months, the high school season generally brings a break in the action as there isn’t as much recruiting news to report. Now we are heating back up though as colleges look to fill out their 2023 recruiting classes and get a head start on 2024 heading into the spring grassroots season. Let’s dive on in to the recent offers, visits, and commitments.
- Talented 6’4″ guard (West Vigo H.S. 2024) took a visit to Wabash College and was offered while on campus. Tanoos averaged 21.0 points and 8.0 rebounds per game as a junior.
- . (Fort Wayne North Side H.S. 2024) and (Fort Wayne North Side H.S. 2024) each were offered by Manchester while visiting the campus together. The duo from North Side also received offers while visiting Wabash College on Thursday.
- DePauw added to their recruiting class by landing a commitment from (Argos H.S. 2023). The 6’5″ wing averaged 16.7 points per game as a senior.
- 6’6″ forward (Fort Wayne Northrop H.S. 2023) added an offer from Penn State Harrisburg while on a visit. He is one of the top remaining forwards on the board in the Indiana’s Class of 2023.
- DAC Player of the Year Jamie Hodges (Michigan City H.S. 2023) received an offer from Lake Land while on a visit last week. Highly sought after Junior College prospect. He averaged 21.7 points per game this season.
- (Carmel H.S. 2023) announced his commitment to Goshen on Wednesday afternoon. The 6’5″ wing is a versatile two-way player.
- The #3 player in the Prep Hoops Indiana Class of 2025 rankings, (Lawrence North H.S. 2025) added a pair of offers on Wednesday night with UT-Arlington and St. John’s joining his growing list of suitors.
- 6’8″ center Alex Ellenson (Northridge H.S. 2023) was offered by Trinity Christian on Thursday of this week. Ellenson was recently offered by Bethel as well.
- (Pendleton Heights H.S. 2024) received his first offer on Friday afternoon from Mercer. The 6’8″ forward averaged 13.3 points, 7.6 rebounds, and 2.4 blocks per game as a junior.
- IU-East received a pair of commitments during the week from (Pike H.S. 2023) and (Southport H.S. 2023).
- Going back to last week, DePauw won the sweepstakes for 6’7″ forward (Hamilton Southeastern H.S. 2023). Stevenson, who averaged 13.2 points and 7.2 rebounds per game, was one of the top small college big man prospects in the state.
- (Lake Station H.S. 2023) was offered by IU-Northwest. The Redhawks also received recent commitments from (Lake Central H.S. 2023) and (Lake Station H.S. 2023).
- (Adams Central H.S. 2024) was offered by Manchester while visiting the campus last week.
- 6’10” center Jake Cherry (Eastern Pekin H.S. 2023) chose to further his career at Saint Francis.
- After leading Ben Davis to a 33-0 state championship, (Ben Davis H.S. 2023) was released from his NLI at Valparaiso following a coaching change. The 6’9″ Indiana All-Star quickly picked up a handful of offers with Ball State being one to keep an eye on. Doughty recently mentioned Eastern Kentucky and St. Bonaventure as two schools showing him the most interest as well.