This past week was a little quieter in terms of the totality of recruiting news, but there still was a Top 20 prospect who announced his commitment and several visits taken with Indiana’s Hoosier Hysteria being the marquee event on…
This past week was a little quieter in terms of the totality of recruiting news, but there still was a Top 20 prospect who announced his commitment and several visits taken with Indiana’s Hoosier Hysteria being the marquee event on Friday. Let’s dive right into updating you on all of the latest recruiting news as we do each week here at Prep Hoops Indiana.
- The biggest news of the week dropped on Sunday evening as 6’6″ wing (Cathedral H.S. 2023) announced his commitment to Mercer. The #19 ranked player in the class by Prep Hoops Indiana averaged 10.2 points, 4.7 rebounds, and 3 assists per game as a starter for last seasons Cathedral team that took home the Class 4A State Championship. He chose Mercer over the likes of Fairleigh Dickinson, Navy, and St. Thomas among a handful of other Division I offers.
- One commitment that we missed at the end of the previous week was 6’3″ wing (Fishers H.S. 2023) announcing his commitment to IU-Southeast.
- On Tuesday, 6’9″ 5-star center (Kokomo H.S. 2024) took a visit to Cincinnati. The Bearcats have recently been trending in Bidunga’s recruitment. The Top 5 national prospect also was in attendance at Hoosier Hysteria on Friday evening.
- Also taking in the action at Hoosier Hysteria on Friday evening was 6’7″ 4-star forward (Heritage Hills H.S. 2025).
- (Lawrence Central H.S. 2023) took an official visit to Western Carolina over the weekend.
- (Hanover Central H.S. 2023) took a visit to Rose-Hulman on Tuesday and was offered by the leading engineering school while on campus.
- (Northview H.S. 2023) went on a visit to reigning Final Four participant Wabash College on Wednesday.
- (Yorktown H.S. 2023) was offered by Manchester while on a visit to the school on Wednesday.
- (Homestead H.S. 2023) took a visit to Elmhurst on Wednesday. Elmhurst played for a Division III National Championship last season.
- (Noblesville H.S. 2023) was offered by Wabash College while on a visit to the school.
- 6’8″ stretch 4-man (Bloomington H.S. South 2023) was offered by Depauw while on a visit to the school on Tuesday.