This past weekend the top 16U grassroots teams from southeastern PA wrapped up their July 2022 circuit schedules at events like the Nike Peach Jam (GA), the UAA Finals (IL) and the Hoop Group New England Finale (CT). All three…
This past weekend the top 16U grassroots teams from southeastern PA wrapped up their July 2022 circuit schedules at events like the Nike Peach Jam (GA), the UAA Finals (IL) and the Hoop Group New England Finale (CT). All three tournaments featured highly competitive fields that tested the elite grassroots teams from this region.
Based on the 16U (2024) action at those events, we assembled the latest Top 10 rankings for this summer.
Below are the southeastern PA grassroots 16U team rankings for the final week of the summer circuit
- Team Final EYBL: Elite combo-guard (numerous DI offers) averaged 12 points, 4.6 rebounds and 6.4 assist per game. as he pushed TF 16s to a 4-2 record at the Peach Jam. One of the defeats TF suffered was a 1-point loss to a stacked Mokan Elite squad. Lethal 3-point shooter (holds 12+ offers), dominant big man (no less than six DI offers) and slasher wing all turned heads at the Peach Jam as well.
- Philly Revolution: The Revolution “played up’ in the 17s division at the Hoop Group Summer Finale and held their own (2-2). Included in the Rev’s two Ls was a one-point defeat at the hands of New Heights Lightening (NY). The usual suspects – athletic scoring machine , 3-point sniper , and floor general – were impressive again. Trenton Catholic (NJ) prospect Devyn Wright-Myles boosted his recruiting stock with his outstanding play.
- Philly Pride National UAA: Last weekend Philly Pride’s top 2024 team traveled to Illinois for the UAA Finals. They went 2-4 against national competition, but one of those Ls was by a one point and another was by two points. Backcourt phenom (offers from Temple, Penn, Drexel, and Albany) posted 12 ppg. and shot 38% from behind the arc across those six contests. Power forward (multiple DI offers), floor general (offers from Manhattan and Albany), and combo guard (offer from Fairfield) also performed well.
- K-Low Elite 3SSB: This K-Low squad ran up a 3-1 record at the HG Grassroots Basketball Finale (VA) and thus posted a 8-3 record over their last eleven games in July. Three level scoring threat (offer from Drexel) was extremely impressive all month. He should be flooded with DI offers soon. Elite 3-point shooter (offer from Columbia) and 6’8” wing shooter stretch the floor and elusive point guard Matt Lange runs the show. Belcher, McGuinn and Lange are all solid college prospects.
- Mt. Pleasant Bulldogs: MPB stays at No. 5 for the second straight rankings post thanks to a 3-1 record at the Hoop Group Summer Finale. Their only loss was to a Middlesex Magic (MA) team that has been a beast on the circuit all spring/summer. Two guard Nate Townsend, wing and point guard Emeer Coombs continued their stellar play up in Connecticut. Combo-forward Anthony Brown, Jr. is an athletic prospect who continues to see his stock rise.
- East Coast Power-Danzig
- York Ballers
- East Coast Power-Richards
- We R1
Others receiving consideration: Philly Pride Select; PA Royals; Gibbs Elite; Reading KTB