As the calendar has turned from April to May the college basketball recruiting timeline has shifted as well. Most schools from Division I down to the small college level have essentially wrapped up their incoming Class of 2022 and have…
As the calendar has turned from April to May the college basketball recruiting timeline has shifted as well. Most schools from Division I down to the small college level have essentially wrapped up their incoming Class of 2022 and have turned their focus to evaluating 2023 prospects. However, the transfer portal has changed the landscape of college basketball and caused plenty of ripple effects that are felt by high school prospects. There are schools at every level that experienced roster turnover all the way to the May 1st deadline and therefore are still actively searching to fill out their recruiting class. This has led to more prospects being available in the month of May than you would have previously seen.
Here at Prep Hoops Indiana we are going to begin a series highlighting those remaining unsigned prospects and hopefully help connect them with college programs that will meet their hopes and desires. After beginning with the point guard position, we also outlined the shooting guard position as well as small forwards. We will begin this week by taking a look at the state’s best remaining power forwards.
(Indianapolis Tindley 2022)
- Ranked #58 overall in Class of 2022
- 17.6 points per game, 9.5 rebounds per game.
- Strong, mobile 6’6″ forward with good all-around skill level. He can handle the ball out on the perimeter some and is an excellent finisher around the basket. Quick feet and a strong base. One of the best rebounders in the class.
(Bosco Institute 2022)
- Ranked #79 overall in Class of 2022
- Long, athletic forward with impressive two-way versatility. Moves well in the open floor and runs well in transition. Good rebounder. 6’5″ athlete is the perfect small-ball 4-man that can also play out on the wings.
(Mishawaka Marian H.S. 2022)
- Ranked #90 overall in Class of 2022
- Mobile forward that runs the floor well and has a variety of skills on the offensive end. 6’5″ with the ability to drive it from the wings and score around the basket. Rebounds well. Has the potential to guard multiple positions.
(North Harrison H.S. 2022)
- Ranked #93 overall in Class of 2022
- Skilled forward with good size air 6’7″. Can make shots out to beyond the three-point arc. Moves well without the basketball. One of the best uncommitted prospects in southern Indiana.
(South Spencer H.S. 2022)
- Ranked #105 overall in Class of 2022
- 6’6″ forward with good athleticism and the ability to face-up from the perimeter. Really has expanded his skill set. Strong with good footwork inside while being agile and skilled with the ball away from the basket. Great late addition for a small college.
(Lafayette Jefferson H.S. 2022)
- Ranked #108 overall in Class of 2022
- Athletic 6’6″ forward with a ton of upside. Very good rebounder, finishes above the rim, and can attack closeouts off of the dribble.
- 10.7 points per game, 5.5 rebounds per game.